Thursday, November 20, 2008

Happy early Thanksgiving **Updated!**

marjorie says...

Ever wanted to see the execution of a turkey? Hit the play button.

This is really a classic.

Huffington Post says Sarah Palin had just pardoned a turkey in Wasilla in anticipation of Thanksgiving. Then she proceeded to give an interview, completely oblivious to the fact that the fellow behind her was guillotining turkeys.

I'm sorry, I just don't really know what to say about this. I know you all want me to criticize Sarah Palin for it. But hey, most of you eat turkey too. And just because you don't give interviews while seemingly oblivious to the execution of the poor animals behind you, doesn't mean that the saran-wrapped meat you buy in the grocery store isn't the same exact thing.

What can I say? Going on my third vegetarian decade here...sometimes I just can't refrain. Poor turkeys. Isn't pretty, is it?

ps: It dawned on me what Palin's biggest problem is while watching this. She talks *way* too much.


**Just in case some of you think this isn't real, here is the actual tv spot in which she pardons a turkey. This subsequent interview is really just the perfect follow-up to the whole thing, if you ask me. It shows that, yeah, that was one lucky turkey!