Monday, November 06, 2006

TONIGHT: City Council meeting!

Maggie says:
I'm hoping to see lots of you fellow planning nerds out at the City Council meeting tonight. There are not one but two important items on the agenda:

  • Extending the City infrastructure tax to fund Albuquerque's Modern Streetcar project
  • Passing a moratorium on ugly big boxes until appropriate design regulations can be established (I already wrote about it here)
My laptop hates the Council Chambers wireless network, so instead of blogging I'll probably be finishing up my ultra-nerdy congressional spreadsheets for tomorrow night. I can't wait for Wednesday morning... if only so I can BREATHE again. (Insert half-capacity sigh here...)

YOUR FRIENDLY MIDNIGHT UPDATE: If anyone's keeping score, the streetcar passed and the big box moratorium was rescheduled for the beginning of the next Council meeting.