Monday, October 27, 2008

A study in contrasts

Maggie says:
I couldn't help but marvel at two items I saw online at the same time this afternoon. They are not related in any way, but seem to me to represent the spectrum of politics we're facing right now. Out of one paradigm and into the other...

  1. Sen. Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) guilty on seven counts. An 84-year-old legend in Alaska finds out that times have changed. Speaking of...

  2. Take your Election Day off and volunteer for Obama! The campaign's organization just continues to blow me away. All the practices local campaigns and initiatives have perfected for years and years, applied effectively to the national level?! Never would've thought it possible, not to this level of effectiveness, anyway. And wait: you're not actually going to your (non-political) job on Election Day, are you? Barring a really great excuse, I hope no one reading this is sitting behind their desk in eight days.