Wednesday, April 19, 2006

the minimum wage bill is...well...problematic at best

marjorie says...

As you all know by now, we're participating in a "blog-in" tomorrow night at the City Council hearing on a proposed hike in Albuquerque's minimum wage. I'm looking forward to the debate, and to blogging about what I know will be a huge variety of crazy assertions against raising the wage. At the same time, I wholeheartedly agree with SWOP's opinion about this particular bill...which you can read here. I know, their write up was (coincidentally) written by yours truly, but the sentiment itself is pretty uniform over in the SWOP house. Heinrich's bill IS watered down way too much, and a better bill COULD win in October. I think it's important for all of us over on this side of the issue to seriously consider this going into tomorrow night.