Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Message to G.W. re: Scooter

Mikaela says:
I finally answered one of those on-line petition thingamabobs to tell off George about his disgraceful commuting of Scooter Libby's jail sentence for obstruction of justice and lying (even though he was found guilty by a jury of his "peers" and was turned down for a petition stating that he had no case).

Every time I thought about it, I got too mad to think about it anymore.

Today, I decided I was ready to speak in a civil tone to the President of these here United States.

Mr. President,

If only you could show the same compassion to others who mess up. You're a hypocrite, George, plain and simple. You want to lock up poor minorities for drug violations and give harsh sentences, but if one of your white-collar cronies LIES to OBSTRUCT JUSTICE, you'll let him off with no jail time and a laughable fine that his friends pay for him in an hour or two.

What kind of message does this send to our children about justice in America?

Get rich or go to jail for trying.

You are worse than a liar. You are a liar's best friend.

I did not go one step further and end the way I wanted to:

Nice job, Brownie. Rot in hell.

Just my luck they'd call it a threat and throw me in jail for longer than it will take for him to LIVE THIS DOWN.