Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Gentrification Panel Discussion - TONIGHT

Mikaela says:
Sorry for the late notice! I just got the email myself... Wish I could go, but I made prior plans. I wanted to post it just in case someone out there would similarly hate to miss this...

If anyone goes, say hello to Claudia for me (and all m-pyre girls), would you, please???

At some point, I'd love to have a discussion about the whole White History Week thing, but that's for another day (send in your thoughts!)...

Wed., Jan. 9th at 7 pm
Gentrification: Deconstructing Entitlement - Whose Place, Whose Economy?
panel discussion staring: Claudia Isaac; Ricky Lee Allen; Aztatl; and Dr. Nword of Out ch'YondA
Is whiteness a form of property? What do you think?
Bring your comments and questions.
Part of our ongoing White History Week Jan. 4 - 13th
The full schedule is available at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~mimileland/
Out ch'Yonda
929 SW 4th
9 blocks south of Central and 5 blocks north of Cesar Chavez
in lovely ungentrified Barelas