Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Madrid-Wilson debate notes

Maggie says, from the sick bed couch:
7:10 p.m.: I'm SO glad the audience just burst out laughing to Wilson's "It's not you who wants to attack Denver, it's Al Qaeda" retort. This is why it's good I'm never in the actual audience for these things... I have too hard a time keeping my groans in check.

I try and be careful about making fun of Wilson's appearance, because I feel like as women we shouldn't really go there... But really, how hard would it have been for someone, anyone, to suggest a color that doesn't completely wash her out on TV? Shouldn't she be better at this by now?

Audience laughter: Score for Madrid.

7:15: So, vote for Heather Wilson and be protected against smallpox? Lame...

7:18: I'm so glad Madrid just said "Stay the course." I've been giggling all week at how by trying to remove that phrase from the discourse, the administration has made it stick that much more. Good job Tony Snow!

PS to Heather: "Orderly transitions" are not possible in Iraq anymore. Do you even watch the news?

7:20: Madrid: "A Congress exercising no oversight..." That's good, especially given this month's highest-ever U.S. casualty numbers. It brings it home and makes that number Wilson's responsibility.

Wilson's use of "Mrs. Madrid" is bugging me. A clear dig that's absolutely transparent.

7:23: Oooh, I just hope Wilson keeps on talking about how much progress we've made. That's the best way to piss people off enough to vote against her. Progress, are you kidding?!

7:26: Madrid's response on North Korea was far too weak. She should%2