Friday, December 09, 2005

We're still here

Maggie says:
...just busy. And battling cold/flu. And overworked. And stressed about the holidays. And stressed about how to get everything done. Not in that order, and not each item for each of us, but you get the picture.

I spent two days in bed this week sick as a dog. And it's freezing in my place because I can't bring myself to turn on the $heat$, which doesn't help anything. But it's a whirlwind before I leave for North Carolina next week to make it home in time for my brother Lane's college graduation.

Three items to quickly mention:

  • Martin Heinrich being elected as City Council President deserves a big YAY!!! for him and a YAY!!! for ABQ progressives
  • Check out this incredible review of "Brokeback Mountain" in the Times yesterday. I cannot wait to see this movie and am resigned to the fact that I'll be watching it alone in NC at a matinee rather than with the hordes of friends (and my movie pal in particular) who are anxiously awaiting it here. Why can't ABQ get movies to come to town at least somewhat on par with the rest of the country? Grrrr....
  • After tonight's potluck/final presentation extravaganza, my undergraduate class will officially end and I will officially begin hopelessly missing them. :-( More confirmation that I am, indeed, very lame.
Never fear, m-pyre will perk up soon. Promise.