Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Quote for the Day

Mikaela clips:
As excerpted by Dan Froomkin of WaPo's White House Briefing:

Paul Rieckhoff , who served in Iraq, writes in a New York Times op-ed on the strategic value of treating prisoners decently: "I saw countless insurgents surrender when faced with the prospect of a hot meal, a pack of cigarettes and air-conditioning. America's moral integrity was the single most important weapon my platoon had on the streets of Iraq. It saved innumerable lives, encouraged cooperation with our allies and deterred Iraqis from joining the growing insurgency."


Yesterday's Albuquerque Journal had a front-page article that boldly declared that Bush doesn't agree with the report summarizing the CONSENSUS OPINION of ALL 16 U.S. intelligence agencies that the war in Iraq is damaging America's security against terrorist attack. I found myself wondering who the (*^&*^%!^*) cares about whether or not Bush agrees, but the answer is, well, the Journal, for one. When I went online yesterday to the Journal website, I couldn't find the story. It was not listed among the front page articles. Isn't that interesting?