He's a man of history. A man of destiny. Maybe global manifest destiny. Not in a good way. In the good ole fashioned decimating way...
Folks are wondering now how much we'll ever know about the constitutional, legal, and world relations havoc wreaked by our current (and outgoing, thank god) President.
- Will Bush pardon Libby to protect Cheney's secret legacy?
- Will he issue a blanket pardon for all involved in the illegal torture he okayed with an Executive memo, as he's considering?
- Will Obama take the path of "fact-finding" in order to discover atrocities and right them, as his advisors recommend, or will there be bipartisan "commissions" aimed at prosecution, sure to blow all the goodwill and harmony we feel in America right now, or ... [shuddering here ...] will he do what most Presidents do, and sweep everything under the rug, signaling once and for all that laws do not pertain to those at the top?
Grand Total = 987 days off
Total days in office = 2920 days
Percent on vacation = 33.8 percent
Let's take a look at that again.
Days Off / Total Days? That looks like this. Talk about American Pie!
- Man do I wish my job had that much paid time off.
- If only he could have spent MORE time out of the White House, dragging Cheney with him, maybe some of the worst disasters under his "watch" would never have happened!
Not only has he broken the record of the previous vacationing-est president, Reagan, but it coincides with his record for lowest rating President ever in the polls. Way to make history, Bush! Glad you're history, you clever little cowboy!
Nov 13, 2008