Thursday, August 17, 2006

Head down... what news?

Maggie says:
Busy times in M3 land... no time for blogging on my part. Work calls in a big way, and these are the songs that keep me going on my work headphones:

  • Don't Think Twice, It's Alright - Joan Baez and the Indigo Girls. Great live performance from 1200 Curfews. "You just kinda wasted my precious time..."
  • Heart of the Matter - India.Arie. Surprisingly awesome cover of the Don Henley song. Who knew that song could be this damn good? India.Arie's singing is like the best hug in the world.
  • Satellite - Guster. Perfect driving-on-a-summer-night-with-someone-beside-you song.
  • Fire Door - Ani Difranco. Another great live one, this one from Living in Clip. I think I listened to it ten times in a row yesterday. "I wasn't joking when I said goodbye..." "When you and I are lying in bed, you don't sleep so tall..." "...like I could feel the future on your skin..."
  • Most of the Time - Bob Dylan. Ahhh, Bob. "Most of the time, I can keep both feet on the ground..."

In my nearly extinct free time, I'm:
  • Pissed about the unfair outing of Girl with a One-Track Mind in London, which brings up all kinds of blogging issues that pertain to lots of us, not just sex bloggers.
  • Drinking wine with the Ms.
  • Crossing my fingers for the Madrid campaign.
  • Thinking about the three weddings in five weeks
  • that I have coming up... all back east. And loving those new travel restrictions, by the way.
  • Canceling camping trips due to weekend work, but reallyreallyreally hoping I can sleep outside for at least once this summer. Somehow, someway.
  • Reallly looking forward to seeing "The Exonerated" Friday night, featuring m-pyre faves Gene Grant and Darryl DeLoach. Go find the Journal review - it's getting great buzz!