Sunday, August 13, 2006

Poetry + a slow weekend

Maggie says:
I told Mikaela I'd keep m-pyre updated with National Poetry Slam news while she's camping, but then I started house-sitting without an internet connection. Oops.

I'm sorry to report that our ABQ poets were eliminated in the semi-finals Friday night. But there's good news for the region: the big winners were Denver, a team I don't even remember from last year's slam here in ABQ. [Mikaela adds: Anis Mojgani of Seattle won Individual Championship, for the second year in a row.]

We congratulate Hakim and the rest of the team for a strong showing, and for always representing ABQ well. Thanks, guys!

You know, it's funny how weekends without the internet go. I've been dog-walking, working, sunning, reading, cooking, shopping, phone-chatting, listening to loud girl music, and sleeping. Happily. Without obsessively checking on the news etc. Hmmm... maybe our web addictions need a break from time to time. Sounds like Sophie would agree, too.

Have a happy rest of the weekend, everyone. I'm sure next week we'll be back into full addiction mode, so we'll be seeing you then!