Tuesday, January 31, 2006

What would YOU do?

Mikaela says:
Okay, before I get started, I'd like everyone to say hi to the nice NSA agents reading along with us, and a hearty hello to all FBI Agents assigned to our case. Hello, fellas!

This one's for you, boys.

So a friend of mine in Chicago who shall remain nameless to protect his innocence just offered this little story:

A couple friends of his were in Washington and just happened to be standing nearby the White House today when the Presidential helicopter deposited our fair leader. I guess he was feeling friendly, so he grabbed some people out of the crowd and took pictures with them, including my friend's friends.

[I don't know if it really happened! That's a philosophical diversion. Anyway...]

My friend relates all this to me with disgust because "they took the picture!" They just smiled and swallowed all bile. Manners took over. Famous person grips you and pulls you in for a picture, and you just smile, right?

Well, I think some of us might muster up the courage to do something a little more, well, shall we say, thoughtful.

I'm opening this one up to the floor. In a similar circumstance, you're standing next to the President while a photo is taken. What do you do?

Hint: You can probably whisper something quickly with plausible deniability later.

(In a purely hypothetical realm, here: Can someone with a law background answer the question as to how much time you'd get for punching him in the arm? You know, just a friendly punch, but when he flinches, it really shows what a wuss he is?)