Monday, July 17, 2006

Dissing the kiss

Maggie says:
So I first read this over the weekend, got all pissed off, then decided it probably wasn't quite as one-sided as I'd remembered. But I just reread the thing and and it's still just beyond me. I'm talking about this NYTimes piece on poor, poor Joe Lieberman:

Lieberman Hopes His Fate Isn't Sealed With a Kiss


Lieberman owes someone at the Times big after this puff piece that practically begs readers to vote for 'ol Joe out of sympathy.

Friends say his predicament has left Mr. Lieberman nervous, dispirited and angry, a portrait of a politician stunned to face opponents as passionate in their loathing of his principles as he is proud of them….Mr. Lieberman’s allies discuss him these days with a tinge of sadness, as if mourning a kindly gentleman who has wandered into a bad neighborhood.

Oh, and plus he's a victim of a crazy left-wing nutcase blogger conspiracy. Please.

What's left now - 20 days or so? All eyes on Ned Lamont to pull this thing off...

(Notice that I'm not mentioning Lieberman's decision to run as an Independent if he loses. That's because I need to go to sleep soon and a riled-up me does not make for happy me tomorrow morning.)

And for fun (click to enlarge), Mr. Tom Tomorrow. He kills me every time. But what do I know? I'm just an "out of state meddler." :-)