Monday, November 05, 2007

Dangers of living in Dallas

Maggie admits:
So I've done pretty well so far with the local speculation about which Dallas neighborhood the Bushes will move to post-White House (one of which is a hop away from me), the fact that Jenna Bush gets her hair done a block away from my abode, the future Bush library laughingstock that will be located a mile north of where I sleep at night, and my queasiness that Karl Rove will show up any second.

And yet. On a leisurely Saturday morning, stopping into the market for some bread to make french toast, we apparently missed Dick Cheney by just 15 minutes! The horror!

It is worth noting that my "I'm glad we missed him!" offhand comment to one of the employees was received with a thumbs down, but it was immediately followed by a friendly laugh and a good-natured, smiling "Tsk, tsk, you're a bad girl!" reply.

That said, we did not choose to honor the vice president by calling our french toast "Freedom Toast" during breakfast.