Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Get Some Fresh Air

marjorie says...

I hope in the midst of all the bloglandia madness folks are taking some time to get out and enjoy this fabulous Fall weather. Tom and Marty will be waiting when you return. I love this time of year. Back home it means we can finally actually go outside without having a heat stroke. In New Mexico, it's more about really feeling the seasons change. That's one aspect about New Mexico that I love. I went for a nice hike with Sandrita (that's her in the picture) this past Sunday, along the South Crest Trail in the Sandias, and couldn't help but reflect on how lucky we are in Albuquerque. It's still amazing to me that this urban center has such a huge wilderness smack dab in it. In other places I've lived, any trail within an hours drive of the city would have been literally overrun with people. Not here. Once on the trail we saw maybe five people the entire 5 miles in that we went. This must be due to the incredible natural environment of New Mexico. Our landscape is grand, all we have to do to get beautiful views is walk out our front doors. But I'm telling you, up close and personal is much better.

Yes, this post is directed at my urbanite house-to-car-to-work-to-car-to-house computer-centric friends. Go for a hike. It will do you some good (This goes for Maggie and Erik also. I know it's rough, but there are some good urban parks over there. Karlos, its still not as good but I know San Fran has some bad ass places).