Friday, November 09, 2007

Prez Contenders & Racial Diversity

marjorie says...

Here's a chart I found via racialicious, via ampersand, via phoenixwoman who got it from a subscription based magazine called Diversity Inc. (the blogosphere is great), showing the racial composition of 8 of the presidential campaign staffs. I wish it had also included a break-down based on gender.




I'm not surprised that the Republicans are so anglo-centric (hello), but this is an opportunity to make the comment that the Democratic field of candidates still surprises me. These staff compositions reflect that this is a banner election year for Democrats. It would be interesting to see a similar analysis of our statewide 2008 political landscape here in New Mexico, both the candidates and their top staff. I think it's important.