Friday, October 15, 2004

blogging and heresy

Marjorie says...
You are both pretty special to me too. I am so happy to have your friendship and support – you have no idea!

I am such a nerd. hee hee

Ok, although I realize this is practically heresy in New Mexico right now, here’s a quote from probably my all time favorite political figure, Emma Goldman:

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal."

Sorry! Of course, I understand the importance of getting the neo-cons out of office, and will be voting for Kerry. But the above sentiment is pretty much where I am for the most part. Voting is a highly controlled PART of democratic participation, especially the higher up you go on the ladder, and I get tired of what seems to be a major equation of democracy with voting. It lets more well-to-do folks off the hook, and frustrates those with less power.

This is my thought of the day.

We’re blogging – woo hoo!