Friday, October 15, 2004

What’s in a name?

Maggie says:
So the name M-Pyre is growing on me. At first, all it made me think about was burning corpses. (Not a happy thought on a Friday morning.) But Marjorie and Mikaela have convinced me that the true message is one of rebirth and renewal through struggle, of being in the mix and making progress. And this rings true for me, for all three of us.

Marjorie says, “We are in the belly of it here.” And we are. Albuquerque is rife with opportunities for engagement and outrage, given the way things happen in this town. But there’s also access to create change (in Boston, for example, access was pretty limited), to make some progress if you insert yourself into the mix. Only in New Mexico have I been this engaged, this deep “in the belly.” And I’ve done it with my two co-contributors.

I love these two women dearly – they’re my friends, my conscience, my sounding board, my constant entertainment. In strange ways, we’ve all become synonymous with each other the last two years. I guess this blog makes it official.