Thursday, May 26, 2005

Spare me

Maggie says:

Dear New York Times,

It's bad enough that you only employ one woman to write for your Op-Ed page. But now that Maureen Dowd is on leave to write a book, why in the world couldn't you find another woman - since you now have zero of them - to write in her absence?

Oh, I know why! You don't have to hire women when you can just have men write about women. It's the same thing, isn't it?

Um, no. To understand What Women Want, try asking a woman instead of John Tierney. And while Listen to My Wife sounds promising, I'd like Matt Miller a whole lot better if he wasn't trying to pass himself off as a feminist to Times readers while talking about his "unreasonable" wife.

Get a clue, Times editors. And spare me this condescending gender talk from your Op-Ed pages. What has happened to you?

- A Disgusted Reader