Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Dems are on FIRE!!

marjorie says...

and here's live:



Yep, that's Bill. I think just about every Democrat in the state must be here tonight. The energy at the Hotel Albuquerque at the moment is intense...there's a very large crowd and a lot of very happy people.


And they should be...an incredible amount of hard work went into taking back the Congress this year...and it looks as though the House at least has finally come back to the Democrats. All I can say is...it's about freakin' time America!!!!

I'm in the press room right now, sitting close to the fellow in the white shirt:



Its quiet in here, as all good press rooms should be...but we can hear the party in full swing just on the other side of that wall. While I've never been much of a party person, it's been nice to see some of my political friends here tonight, in all there glory. Here are some of my favorites:


I'm glad I took this picture for a couple reasons. First, I'm glad I can finally mention Bernadette with an actual picture. Bernadette Miera (seated) and her husband State Representative Rick Miera (standing) live down the road from Mikaela and I, and are the driving force behind our Halloween gala street event every year. I know I digress but I can't help it. Second, I get to show you all a picture of Teresa Cordova (standing), Bernalillo County Commissioner and very good friend of m-pyre. You see, Teresa is also a professor in the Planning school, and I for one would not have made it through the program without her.

On that note...I think I'll go back to the party now...more to come in a bit.