Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Here, but...

Maggie says:
...freaking out, as Marjorie noted.

My insides are on a crash course between optimism and cynicism. The three Senate races left - Missouri, Montana, and Virginia - are all ones I called Dem, and we're still ahead in all three. But could we really take all three? Oh my.

As for NM-01... my stomach is in knots. I seriously felt like I was going to throw up a minute ago. That feeling, the deja vu of bad things about to happen, isn't something I wanted to go back to tonight. The caveat is that the House is ours, thank goodness. But yeah... hiding out here in the dark, quiet press room is about all I can take right now. The cheering through the wall makes my stomach knot up even more.

It's been fun watching Big Bill do his press thing back here. Richardson was my commencement speaker when I graduated from college in Boston... how weird is that? Small world.

C'mon, Senate. C'mon.

Update: Uh oh. Heather just announced that the precincts left are all conservative ones. If that's true, Madrid's done.