Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Si Se Puede!

marjorie says...

Sorry I've not posted on yesterday's primary elections yet. I've been playing catch-up at work, not to mention get-ahead at work since I'm going out of town tomorrow.

It was an exciting night in New Mexico, so much so that I had no time at all to pay attention to national politics. So please send me any interesting tidbits from how the Obama/Clinton dramarama played out.

To get a handle on how things went in New Mexico, I highly recommend checking out the NM Independent site, where election reports and analysis began streaming in last night, and will continue through the week I'm sure. Trip and I will have a piece shortly on the three progressive legislative victories here in Albuquerque.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share a few items I meant to put up earlier, but just wasn't able to pull off until now. Many of you may have seen the negative campaign mailer sent out by Dan Silva that depicted Eleanor Chavez as a criminal. Here it is.

Eleanor's response to that was a mail piece that sought to inspire, with just a little dig at Silva. I know you all will appreciate it:





See what I mean? That's Eleanor and her daughter with Cesar in the second photo. When I saw that mailer I couldn't help but wonder how all those many people who got it in the mail felt. There are a lot of working class people who live in her district.



And here's a photo of Eleanor and Tomas Garduno, her campaign manager, after the win was confirmed. This was Tomas' second campaign. He cut his chops on his dad's campaign for City Council last year (that would be Rey).