Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Still (barely) breathing...

Mikaela says:
Man do I feel like a stranger on my own blog!

Always one to overdo things, I've had not one, not two, but THREE time-consuming (but rewarding) extra jobs this month, in addition to my CRAZY real one. I've been doing footnotes, writing statistical analyses of surveys, and my favorite by far - teaching creative writing to teens.

That's right, it's Voces month. My favorite month of the year. I've been running between tribal communities and teen writing communities. Quite the world-view shake-up, let me tell you!

Unbelievably, the month is almost over, which means that we've got a performance coming up Friday. If anyone wants to see a pretty good show and get your dose of heartwarming news that not all is lost with this young emo generation ... come on down! National Hispanic Cultural Center, Friday, 6 p.m.! I'll be the one in the back, crying.

Really, this has been an amazing group of kids. They're interested in EVERYTHING, and man, do they see clearly! Too too cool!

So I've been working every night, getting up at 5 a.m. to read about Camels and elephants and teen angst, staying up to make Excel charts, working over the weekend to reference everything. And what I am, most of all, is TIRED.

But full.

More on a new housemate in the next post...