Friday, October 12, 2007

Bring on the baseball!

Maggie says:
Wrapping up the workweek here and getting ready for Game 1 of the American League Championship Series tonight, I am...

  • Calm
  • Excited
  • Not full of dread
I think this is the difference in Sox fans now compared with the '04 playoffs. Winning a World Series let us get all of that cursed legacy out of the way and just be fans again. We still hate the Yankees, but maybe we won't half-expect them to kick our ass all the time anymore. I think the Indians are a great team, in a great old-school baseball town, who had a great season. They deserve a win, too. It's not going to kill me if this doesn't work out. Really.


I want a weekend full of great games, and I want the best team to win.

How's that for a healthy baseball attitude? (So much easier to have that outside of Boston, I know!)

Oh, and to Gene: You just might get your Sox-Rockies wish in Denver after all! Better start revving up the Volvo... :-)