Monday, April 28, 2008

Waning moon

Maggie says:
In this never-ending campaign, I think we're all struggling with our personal ebbs and flows of interest and energy regarding the race for the Democratic nomination. I think we all have moments when we're devouring analysis and loving it, followed right up by moments when we just can't read anymore or watch anymore or even hear their names. That's me right now, so I apologize for not adding to the discussion at this time. I will say that before PA Primary Day, I was really intrigued by an Obama article and added it in my "To Blog About" folder. Check it out for a new angle on the significance of this election historically, and imagine what I thought of it. ;-) Maybe I'll write about it soon, and I'm sure I'll be ready for more come Indiana and North Carolina next week.

The American Prospect: Obama-ism Without Obama
Obama's campaign shows how a democracy-minded reform movement and community organizing have transformed the Democratic Party. Like Reagan, Obama is as much a product of a movement as the creator of one.

In other news, I've been planning some travel, being a transit planning nerd, watching sports, thinking about food and food politics, and continuing my love of Dallas people-watching, which though it doesn't translate seamlessly into a love for Dallas itself, is at least a start.

Happy Monday, everyone.