Friday, May 30, 2008

The 4th estate taking a beating...by the propagandista

marjorie says...




Thanks to Another Pundit is Possible (aka "k" to m-pyre readers) for pointing to this clip.

He got it from Free Press.

I have to admit, I'm a little conflicted by all this. Its hard to have sympathy for McClellan...at the same time I'm feeling the McClellan expose.

He says the White House press corps was too "deferential," not living up to its reputation, and if it had it would have better served the country. And yet this is the man who answered all those questions, at all those press conferences. I remember him not answering a lot of questions, actually. Because he was the propaganda mouthpiece...in a nutshell. He must be incredibly disillusioned. Thats my favorable perspective anyway. I have an unfavorable one also, but my upbringing is preventing me from saying it at the moment.