Thursday, April 20, 2006

BLOG-IN: getting there....

Maggie says:
So they just shocked the blogging crew by saying the public comments are over... already! High-fives all around.

Also, a cell phone went off in our blogging corner and Heinrich immediately looked over our way, laughing and shaking his head. Does this mean we're total misfits? Okay, we already knew that.

I just realized that the painting hanging on the wall beside Marjorie and me is absolutely nuts. I took a photo and will post it tonight.

In other news: one of the speakers horrified all of us and owns a restaurant in town, only we don't know which one! Please, someone fill us in so the boycotting can begin! He was the tall, youngish Republican in a suit. (Because minimum wage opponents never wear jeans like the rest of us, apparently!)

What I'm taking away tonight is how inevitable everyone is saying the minimum wage increase is, which is shocking to hear for those of us crushed by our recent losses... More to blog about later when I'm thinking deeper thoughts instead of the fragmented loose-cannon ones that seem to be coming out now.

I probably shouldn't have said that bit about Don Harris. Oh well. My cheesy philosophy of no regrets will continue...

Time to eat and drink. Really.

Let the voting begin.

Don't know what this whole blog-in thing is? Follow the action here.