Monday, April 24, 2006

Tagged by Scribblista

Maggie says:
Oooh... called out by one of my favorite local bloggers, the delectable Scribblista. Here's Scribblista's Four Things in 505, and here's mine:

Four jobs I've had:
1. Urban policy webjournal editor (duh)
2. Makeup counter girl (really!)
3. Independent bookstore/cafe cashier (of course)
4. Senator's intern (but not in that way)

Four movies I can watch over and over:
1. The Royal Tenenbaums
2. The Big Lebowski
3. How to Make an American Quilt (it soothes me, what can I say?!)
4. The Squid and the Whale (because I just got it as a birthday gift and it's my favorite movie of the year)

Four places I've lived:
1. Apex, NC
2. Boston, MA
3. Albuquerque, NM
4. Newport News, VA

Four TV shows I love:
1. Grey's Anatomy (but that fast-paced recap episode on Sunday was horrendous)
2. Back in the day: Six Feet Under
3. Back in the day: Sex and the City
4. Back in the day: Everyday Italian

Four concerts I'm glad I went to:
1. The Cure at the Orpheum in Boston (it's a tiny old opera house, for those not in the know)
2. All those "experimental" Dave Matthews shows in high school and college
3. B.B. King at the Palladium in Worcester, also a tinytiny place
4. Neil Young four times now... because how many more opportunities do I have?

Four places I've vacationed:
1. My all-time favorite vacation: the Outer Banks of North Carolina
2. Traveling through Mexico: Guanajuato (the most photogenic city in the world), Guadalajara, Mexico City, San Miguel de Allende...
3. For the low-key cheapo vacation: Burlington, VT and Portland, ME
4. SanFran for city-walking and day trips in salty air

Four of my favorite dishes:
1. Pesto on penne
2. Salmon with grilled veggies and orzo
3. Eastern NC BBQ
4. Sushi

Four sites I visit daily:
1. CNN
2. NY Times
3. Duke City Fix
4. Salon

Four places I would rather be right now:
1. My parents' kitchen table
2. On an OBX beach with my cousins
3. On the farm
4. Fenway Park

Four bloggers I am tagging:
1. Erik from Alterdestiny
2. Johnny_Mango from Albloggerque
3. Kelly from Eucatastrophe (ABQ misses you!)
4. Jeff from AnnikaHaiku (I'm dying to see if he can pull this off as a haiku)

*and, duh, everyone else in comments!