Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Decide This

Mikaela mocks:

Courtesy NY Times
"I'm the decider, and I decide what's best. And what's best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the secretary of defense."

I guess it's also best for Karl Rove to drop policy (a job he only took on a year ago) like a hot potato and for Scott McClellan to skulk back to the slimy cave he crawled from.


Does any one else wonder whether they're just pre-emptively cauterizing the wound that the Plame-gate affair will cause? Isn't the timing a wee bit suspicious? If anyone's seen any good analysis and/or speculation on that score, can you direct me to it?

I'm not sure what we're supposed to do about it if the worst is true. I want legal opinions about our options to deal with them out of their official capacities they were serving at the time it all came down. If we can still get 'em, I'm all for booting them out now. If the White House is just trying to sneak them out the door in the dead of night, where they will escape "Scott"-free, then ... well ... we should be doing more about this.