Thursday, April 20, 2006

BLOG-IN: Worlds colliding

Maggie says:
When I listen to folks speak out against a living wage, I imagine them wearing shirts that say things like, "I hate humankind." Or maybe a hat that says, "I'm an ugly person inside, too." Or at least a sticker on their suit that says "I get off on people being poor." Because that's what it comes down to.

My dad and I had this fantasy once of plastering bumper stickers all over right-wing cars that respond to their own hateful stickers. A "W" sticker would be followed up by a Maggie & Dennis "I'm a hateful person" sticker, or maybe an "All I see is the worst in people" sticker.

This is like that.

In my own fantasy world right now, maybe folks watching this on TV (are there any of you out there?) are seeing captions that "translate" these speakers' comments to say what they really mean. No doubt about it, what they mean are the most base instincts there are.

We're watching good versus evil here. It always comes down to that. You either love and believe in people or you don't. It's as simple as that.

Don't know what this whole blog-in thing is? Follow the action here.