Thursday, April 20, 2006

BLOG-IN: The "Gift" of the Free Market

marjorie says...

wow, Don Harris, who you know...I agree with Maggie is kind of, well, unintelligent...is going to support the bill, or as he puts it: The expensive peace. Not quite sure what he means by that, or what he means when he says that housing in this country is a "gift of the free market." Yeah, I'd say the huge numbers of homeless people in this country and the people who struggle relentlessly to barely keep a roof over their heads do so because we live in your so-called "free" market, but I wouldn't call it a "gift".

I wish I had captured Debbie O'Malley's comments about how inadequate this bill is. She ended her comments by saying this: "I am disappointed... I wish we could've done more, but I will support this bill." We are all blessed to have Debbie on the Council. That's all I can say...she really rocks.

Don't know what this whole blog-in thing is? Follow the action here.