Friday, December 14, 2007

Go Buckeyes!

marjorie says...

I've all of a sudden shifted into Texas mode. The thought of Santa Fe is appealing this weekend, but I'd much rather be in Waco watching our home town team battle it out for the State Championship. That's right: Texas High School Football, 3A State Championship!!

We all know what they say, and it's all true: just getting to this moment is a monumental achievement. Not to mention, this small East Texas town has sent an amazing number of young men to big universities on football scholarships over the past four years. So whichever way it goes, it's still all good.

Both teams are offensive powerhouses, so it's going to most likely come down to a strong defense. As Coach Traylor says:

“Our defense is going to have to have a mindset this week that is just totally different,” admitted Traylor. “It is going to be a battle of absolute will. At some point they think you’re going to say, I surrender. Our defense has just got to be so physical, and just hang in there and keep battling.”

It may be snowing in New Mexico, but I'd much rather be making the three hour trek to Baylor with my folks and the rest of town tomorrow. I'll have to settle for listening in. It's going to be a tough game, but I think our Black Flag Defense can pull it out. Go Buckeyes!