Saturday, March 29, 2008

Saturday stress reliever

Maggie says:
Hey gang. I've been busy in the strangest ways lately. I've tried to separate that strangeness from m-pyre, and in that vein am not quite ready to discuss here, among other things, insanity stemming from good 'ol Texas Caucus Night, random lawsuits with my name attached, and outrageously untrue assertions about our loyal NM Obama volunteers. (For a little taste, check this out - all 155 comments worth, it gets worse as it goes along - and you'll see what I mean.)

At this moment, the Democratic Senate District conventions are taking place to select delegates for the state convention in June. Folks are fighting out what happened in their precincts, and as we know it wasn't all fun and games that night. Neither is today. Let's hope the drama ends by nightfall. And while I hear that cops are being called out to our beleaguered District 23 (sigh), I'm nervously pacing and trying to plan a big dinner (for 2/3 Alterdestiny!) and run around town and not think about how bad things could get there.

So in the meantime, I just did a charming "What Book Are You?" quiz to take my mind off things. Any guesses? (Hmmm... that choice isn't exactly bright and cheery. Although I do adore the book.) What book are you?



Maggie is One Hundred Years of Solitude!
by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Lonely and struggling, she's been around for a very long time. Conflict has filled most of her life and torn apart nearly everyone she knows. Yet there is something majestic and even epic about her presence in the world. She loves life all the more for having seen its decimation. After all, it takes a village.


Take the Book Quiz.