Monday, March 10, 2008

Spotted in Dallas

Maggie spies: The Protruding Chestbone!

At a fancy-pants event this weekend, where fun food and drinks were spiked with spectacular people-watching, I spotted a look that was new to me. But given its noticeable sprinkling amongt the 250 attendees, I'm apparently the last to know. Here's a gal's guide to recreating it at home for your next black tie event:

  • Begin your workout addiction as soon as possible. A drunkorexia mindset is recommended.
  • Tanning. Lots of it.
  • Breast implants. Everyone's doing it!
  • A low-cut gown to set off the look.
  • The result? Kind of like a skinny 14-year-old boy chest... caved-in and bony, but then bronzed and emblazoned with unnatural D-cups. Hot, right?

And yes, I'm being pretty snarky, but really... who knew that look is desirable? And the vast majority of the women and their gowns were so lovely that it made the awful "I'm so ready for my reality show" chestbone look all the worse.

On a positive note: To the 8-months-pregnant brunette in the short flowy dress and four-inch heels... you are my hero.