Thursday, October 16, 2008

Joe the Plumber a McCain guy

Maggie says:
So, the whole "undecided Ohio voter Joe the Plumber" thing? Not so much what it seems.

Joe The Plumber Admits He Wasn't Undecided After All

A bit interesting that the business he wants to buy qualifies him at the exact level it takes to become a McCain talking point, you know? Plus, he just admitted to Katie Couric that he knew who he was supporting anyway.

I don't have a ton of patience for DailyKos. Too often it's hyping up the hysterics with minor details rather than really talking policy. (I admit that my aversion to it is primarily work-related, because an often hysterical coworker is trolling it pretty much every time I walk into his office, and too often walks into mine ranting about something in a shrill tone.)

I like this piece, though. While everyone foams at the mouth to book Joe on morning talk shows, Politico dug into who he was, and this Kos diary piece connected some of the dots. Clearly McCain thought he'd be able to play a debate-winning card there.

Make no mistake, the Joe the Plumber debate story is still a minor issue. But as a sidenote to an interesting sidenote, I'll take it.

I've just loved reading the debate punditry this morning, btw. A sampling.