Sunday, February 17, 2008

Dispatches from Tanzania

Maggie says:
My parents are on a safari in Tanzania right now. After some initial concern about the travel through less-than-stable Kenya to get to their location, they arrived safely last week and have been living out their wildlife photography fantasies since. They have a GPS phone that is free to use for text messaging, which is their main point of contact with the family. Needless to say, my parents are not text messaging aficionados, but I've so enjoyed these texts that I thought I would share a few on the blog. With their lack of punctuation and all-caps style, they could even be poetry. And that last one gets political - I love it!

HI NAIROBI TOUGH CANCELED FLIGHT FINALLY IN TANZ BEAUTIFUL EXCITED HAPPY LOVEALL

HELLO CONGRATS ON FANNY WILL BE ANXIOUS TO SEE ALL PERFECT HERE LOVE YOU

HELLO SITTING ON PORCH WAITING FOR ELEPH IN AM RODE IN WILDEBEEST MIGRATION YOUR DAD IN HEAVEN ANTI BUSH DOMINATES GROUP MISS ALL