Monday, February 11, 2008

Head's Not in the Game

Mikaela says:
I've got other things going on with me this week. I'll leave the heavy-duty political stuff in the capable hands of my comadres.

Instead, I'll just leave you a hint of where my mind is this week...

The Roman poet Seneca wrote:

"Anyone can stop a man's life but no one his death; a thousand doors open on to it."

Today I ask you, what purpose for rising waves of fear?

Instead, let us light a flame in the darkness to remind us that our energy is better channeled into the eternal vigilance of our own kindness, the transmutation of anger to understanding, the push of breath from where it hides in our belly to sustaining actions that connect us to all that is good in others, the power of working side by side, the reassurance of two hands clasped across a chasm of mistrust. May this light guide us to all that is good in us and surround the sacred spaces we create when we come together in the spirit of community.