Thursday, February 28, 2008

Week keeps getting away from me

Maggie says:
Man... We've been trying to early-vote for the TX Dem Primary every night this week, and it keeps getting pushed back on us. Tonight we were finally going to be able to do it, but I just realized that tonight's also our last chance to see "Porgy and Bess" at The Dallas Opera. I've never seen it before, so obviously we're jumping on it! This puts early-voting off until the last possible day, tomorrow. Those of you who know and love me know that of course I would put off "early" voting until the last moment. It's classic.

But in other news, we are hosting some diehard politicos from New Mexico Sunday through Wednesday here in Dallas. They're leaving the Land of Enchantment for four precious days to volunteer their time to the Obama campaign in the run-up to next Tuesday. Round of applause for them, yes? And man, it's going to be a close one here...

So stories and news and fun tidbits to come from me... But in the meantime, thanks to Marjorie for keeping the pyre burning!